In this busy and hectic world, our mind is constantly diverted by every little and inconsequential thing. Our thoughts and emotions are mostly scattered. So, by the end of the day, we feel immensely stressed, anxious and strung.
Most of us do not have even ten minutes to sit and relax, let alone half an hour or more for a complete session of meditation.
But it is extremely important on our part to take out a couple of minutes every day, to cultivate proper emotional spaciousness and maintain a good balance between our mind and bodies.
So, if you’re a busy bee who’s struggling with unhealthy habits, obesity and persistent restlessness-here is a complete insight on the right workout routine and diet regime that you should follow for a healthy lifestyle.
First off: What is mindful dieting?
Mindful dieting is a traditional or ancient practice bearing modern applications. It has everything to do with how much attention we pay to the food we eat.
Most people think it’s all about eating slowly or chewing for long durations of time. However, this is not the case.
Mindful eating involves a series of steps and practices that are related directly. It helps us select our specific body requirements and develop the best way to nourish them.
Mindful dieting is interesting, natural, and cheap. Here are 10 fast tips for it!
Tips for mindful dieting
The tips below act as a guide to help those with poor eating habits:
- Take a moment to reflect on your emotions. This is geared at helping people steer clear of taking food because of their emotions such as boredom, stress, sadness or being in a rush rather than hunger.
One must differentiate whether they are consuming the food as a desire or a necessity. First, make sure you are really in need of the food you’re planning to eat, then choose what to eat and how you intend to do it.
- Take a seat – This is mainly to avoid multitasking. Moving about while eating makes one lose track of the amount of food they end up eating, which usually leads to overeating.
- Avoid distractions – The usual distractions include television sets, mobile phones, and gaming gadgets among others. Switching them off or avoiding using them till you are full is recommended to help you keep track of the quantity of your food intake.
- Serve food into sizeable portions – Some people find themselves eating directly from the bag or box. It is usually hard to keep track of the amount consumed if it is hidden. These portions aid in reducing food intake and averting food Wastage. It is also orderly since service is not done again till the food in the plate is over.
- Avoid heaps of food in a plate – When alone, avoid filling food to form heaps of unnecessary food. In cases where many people are served, one is advised to pick the plate with the least food. This is to adjust one’s mindset since seeing less makes one Crave for less hence they don’t overfeed.
- Be grateful and polite – Before you start eating, one should take some time to appreciate the great labor undergone to prepare the meal. This shows an appreciation of the efforts by farmers, earth, chefs and even the Crew in the table with you.
- Chew slowly – The average number of chews per morsel is thirty times. This gives one ample time to enjoy the taste and flavor in the mouth before swallowing.
- Restrict holding food utensils – Ensure you put eating utensils like spoons and forks down after the prepared morsel is already in the mouth. This leaves ample time for the chewing of the previous bite.
- Avoid finishing everything in the plate. One should even consider packing leftovers for later consumption. Despite the negative talk about leftovers, one would better leave food on their plates than overstuff themselves.
- Maintain silence – In silence, one can enjoy their food’s taste or flavor. However, sharing stories with family members or friends can be productive since the little noise made in such cases can’t shift one’s concentration.
A workout routine is a regular set of procedures that involves physical exercise in various fields such as athletics, boxing or ball games aimed at improving body fitness and strengthening body muscles.
Most workout routines are personal although some are designed by workout specialists to clients who are willing to make a step in maintaining fit.
Choose a Workout regime.
To lose weight, you need to follow a healthy lifestyle first and you can start with it by choosing your preferred workout regime. It can be walking, jogging, meditating, crunches, squats, bicycling or anything else Irrespective of the workout, you need to make it a point to ensure that you are mindful throughout the regime.
When it comes to crunches, squats and other indoor exercises, try to perform them for half an hour on a daily basis. The same rule applies for the outdoor sessions like jogging, walking.
Go for spinning
When it comes to staying fit, nothing beats modern indoor fitness bikes, which can keep you healthy right in the convenience of your home.
By reading through various exercise bike reviews, you can choose the right regular bike, road bike or mountain bike for your bicycling sessions.
Always try to use a good bicycle that’ll keep you comfortable but also motivated enough to complete the entire exercise.
For beginners, start out by pushing the gear hard for 40 seconds and then recovering for ten seconds.
Repeat this routine ten times for greater endurance and a stronger body.
You can also do some hilltop climbing to get rid of the extra fat. In case you’re wondering which bike to start out with, check some exercise bike reviews.
Try to feel the environment around you Well, now that you have chosen your exercising regime-make sure that you feel the environment and the surroundings around you. Do not be driven by the pressure to complete. Rather, focus on the present and try to be as relaxed as possible.
While you exercise, also make sure that you observe and listen to every little detail you stumble upon.
Listen in a non-judgmental way and try to feel the moment.
As you listen mindfully, you will achieve a neutral awareness about your present surrounding.
Immerse yourself in the workout
Every day we are driven by the pressure to achieve our goals and complete our tasks. But while working out mindfully try to avoid doing this. Immerse yourself completely in your workout and do not think about the results. Do not be driven by the pressure to complete your task.
A good combination of mindful dieting and sufficient workout is very vital to improve your fitness level and boost your muscle strength.