Intellectually, we all know what a healthy life is. The problem is, many of us do not know what a healthy life feels like. People have reduced the concept of health down to the number we see when we step on the scale. However, there are many people who manage to maintain the magic number but their bodies are toxic. They consume energy drinks, protein powder, and supplements, without consideration of the nutrition they are missing by omitting fresh fruit and vegetables.
In this post, we hope to show you the whole picture of what healthy is. We encourage you to try the ideas in this post for yourself. Try it for 30-days and we think you will agree. A healthy life is so much more than you are experiencing.
There are many types of exercise that you can use to get healthy. However, whatever exercise you choose has to weave its way into every area of your life. It has to grow and change as you do. When you accomplish one area of health, it will challenge you to go further and get stronger. That is exactly what dance does.
1. Dance and physical health
There are many forms of dance. There are dances that force you to control every muscle you have. Growing your muscles makes you stronger and makes your body efficiently use the calories you eat. Dancing improves your balance and flexibility.
2. Dance for your heart
Note: Dance is an option for anyone in any condition. People in handicap, elderly people, and toddlers can incorporate a form of dance into their routine.
When you dance, your heart beats faster. Your blood rushes through your veins. The human heart is the most important muscle in your body. Studies show that people who incorporate dance into their fitness routine lower their risk of heart disease by 46%.
3. Dance for mental health & social health
- Dance is an enjoyable workout set to music. It is fun and it lifts the spirit. But, dance does more. When we dance, our bodies produce more serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” hormone our bodies produce naturally. When we produce more of this hormone, depression leaves us. We workout stress and anxiety. We sleep better. But there is more.
- It has been shown that dancing improves memory. The repetition of music and steps clicks our brain to remember the steps. Recently, medical professionals have discovered that dance stimulates the brain. This can ward off Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Some people have trouble making friends. This is true to people of any age group. They have co-workers they may have lunch with sometimes. They may have family nearby or people we say hello to at their places of worship. But beyond that, they are lonely people. Joining dance changes that. They are in a group of people that enjoy the same thing they do. They must interact. They help each other. They struggle together and they laugh together. This is the materials life-long friends.
4. Dancing and staying healthy
Combining dance with eating a good diet and learning how food works as fuel and how to keep up with the dietary demands of your ever-changing body, gets you healthy. Following them, long-term keeps you healthy. You keep your organs healthy by drinking lots of clean, fresh water. Not only does dance help you maintain your healthy weight, but it also is essential in building your immune system so that you do not get sick.
Getting your gear
Order your quality dance gear online and save money. Just For Kix dancewear, dance clothes, shoes, classes, and costumes are just a click away.