Fresh carrot juice is the king of vegetable juices. It contains a lot of beta-carotene, vitamins and minerals. All this makes carrot juice indispensable for health maintenance, particularly for people with weak immune systems, skin and vision problems. Carrot juice benefits
children greatly. However, to get the maximum benefits from carrot juice, you should know how to drink it.
Carrot Juice Nutrition Facts
Just look at the bright orange root to understand the carrot’s main wealth, which is beta-carotene. After having been split in the liver, it turns into necessary vitamins, such as vitamin A.
100 g of fresh carrot juice contains:
- 2.1 mg of beta-carotene and 350 micrograms of vitamin A
- Up to 3 mg of vitamin C, which is necessary to maintain immunity
- 0.2 mg of vitamin PP, which has beneficial effects on metabolic processes in the body
- 0.01 mg of vitamin B1, required for proper function of the brain and nervous system
- 0.02 mg of vitamin B2, needed to maintain healthy metabolism and vision
- 0.3 mg of vitamin E for healthy cells and synthesis of hormones (It’s several times greater than in beet juice.)
Carrot juice is also rich in potassium (130 mg/100gr), calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus. Besides, this juice contains flavonoids, phytoncides and enzymes as well as organic acids, monosaccharides and disaccharides, starch and ash.
Carrot Juice Benefits
Sure, carrot juice is good for everyone, but special attention should be paid by those who have lowered immunity or eye diseases. Drinking a glass of carrot juice a day is recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
Slightly diluted with water, it can be given to children.
The main healthy component in carrot juice is vitamin A, which is required:
- If one’s got eye problems. It helps low vision.
- If one’s got skin problems. Lack of vitamin A is immediately visible on the skin as it gets dry or may be flaking. Heels and elbows get hard very quickly.
- For growth and development of bones of the body.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as children.
- For healthy tooth enamel in adults and proper development of teeth in children.
- For mucous membranes to be healthy. Otherwise, the protection against infections drops, and infection can occur at any mucous body, such as as the bladder, stomach and intestines, mouth, etc.
- For cleansing the liver. Vitamin A accumulates in the liver and cleanses it constantly, so carrot juice supports the health of the liver.
Helps in gastritis with high acidity.
It lowers stomach acidity.
Carrot juice is rich in antioxidants, which:
- Slow down the aging process and reduce the risk of cancer.
- Help cleanse the cells of toxins and impurities, thus ridding the skin of acne.
Drinking carrot juice can help you get rid of dermatitis and eczema.
Vitamin C acts as a protector of the nervous and immune systems.
A glass of fresh carrot juice perfectly relieves stress after a hard day and calms if one is overexcited. It is important to drink fresh carrot juice for smokers because nicotine destroys all supplies of vitamin C in the body. Vitamin C in combination with B vitamins reduces the level of harmful cholesterol, thereby protecting the cardiovascular system.
Fresh carrot juice increases appetite and improves digestion. It serves as a great resource in atherosclerosis, infections and kidney stones.
Carrot juice is very helpful to women. Carotene normalizes the synthesis of female sex hormones. That allows women to stay young and healthy for longer. Because the lack of vitamin A leads to infertility, carrot juice, in some cases helps to resolve that problem.
In addition to a fun-filled orange color, carrot juice contains a substance related to endorphins, which promotes a sense of joy. In a moment of bad temper when your hand is reaching for a chocolate bar or a cake, you’d better squeeze a cup of carrot juice instead, so you would get a good mood right now … and in a few days too, looking at the scale).
Carrot juice can also benefit for red-haired beauties. A carrot juice mask will give your hair a beautiful shine and color, restore and strengthen the structure of hair follicles. Method: fresh juice is distributed along the hair and gently rubbed into the scalp, avoiding places around the forehead and temples. Put a shower cap on your head, after half an hour rinse your hair with water.
How and How Much Carrot Juice to Drink
- The first rule is that you need to drink carrot juice with any fat. You can add a spoonful of sour cream or a bit of cream, olive or other vegetable oil. Fat promotes the absorption of carotene in the liver. Pure carrot juice in small amounts is almost useless, as it’s not digestible; in large amounts, it will create a heavy load on the liver and pancreas.
- Keep the fresh squeezed juice no more than an hour because many vitamins, including beta-carotene, begin to fail and lose activity, and carrot juice benefits considerably reduce.
- Drink carrot juice for half an hour before meals and, even better, in the morning on an empty stomach.
- There’s a lot of controversy about how much carrot juice you can drink a day. The average daily need for beta-carotene and vitamin A is covered by a glass of carrot juice (250 ml) for both men and women. Yellow skin (it’s especially noticeable on the face) is a sure sign that all is good in moderation and it’s time to take a break from drinking carrot juice.
- Children can be given carrot juice after six months by diluting it with water (1:1).
Carrot Juice Contraindications and Side Effects
- Carrot juice should be avoided by people with diabetes.
- Carrot juice has a mild laxative effect, so it should not be consumed if you have diarrhea.
- You should not drink carrot juice during exacerbations of diseases of the pancreas and intestines. It creates a heavy load on the pancreas.
- One can have an intolerance to raw carrots
It is equally important to stress that the excessive consumption of carrot juice can cause yellow skin, weakness, drowsiness, headache and vomiting. In such situations, drinking should be stopped immediately.
Do not forget the old saying – everything is good in moderation.
Search the Site for other Articles: